Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Barb Schram Day Five - Personal Ornaments

A huge thank you to Barb for sharing her creativity with us over the past week and a half. Barb is on our design team and you can find tons of JustRite Projects on her blog every week. Tomorrow Angela will be sharing the first part of her calendar project with us.


Have you seen all the great cards that the CPS Design team has designed using our Christmas Stamps?? To see the first set of cards from the CPS Team visit here. For the second batch visit here. You still have time to play the challenge and as always their is a great JustRite Sponsorship Prize for one lucky winner.


Sharon Harnist has created this gorgeous scrapbook page for the sketch. For more details visit her blog post.






Personalizing Christmas Ornaments
I love taking a store bought item and placing my own personal twist on it! Today, I did just that, taking two holiday floral picks I purchased at Hobby Lobby (50 cents each at half price!) and making them into ornaments. Using floral picks enables me to use the wrapped wire as the ornament hanger after turning upside down, and no worries about how to get a hanger attached! I bent the pick wire and snipped off excess. This pink snowflake ornament adorns a tag stamped with Memento black ink, backed with scallop die cut silver paper. The sentiment image is from JustRite’s Something Sweet Set.

There are so many options to utilize when personalizing an ornament or any creation you make; and with all the JustRite products available, personalizing is a snap. For my ornaments today I used JustRite’s Times New Roman font, JustRite’s Tiny Little Words Set, and JustRite’s Something Sweet Set.
When adding a cardstock paper strip around an ornament such as this, I make sure the ornament is plastic or styrofoam material. That allows for the cardstock and punched embellishments to be attached using straight pins. No need for adhesives! Gotta love that! After stamping the word Sharon and 2009, I cut out using a word window punch. At the one end of the date paper piece, I punched a hole so the date piece could easily thread onto the wire hanger. The punched Martha Stewart snowflakes and border strips are held in place with white pearl head straight pins.
I made this ornament for my cousin. So, it is fitting that I chose to stamp “Made with Love” from JustRite’s Tiny Words Set. After punching it out I attached using small silver head pins. (the kind that are from my husbands new dress shirts!) A bow around the wire and glittered snowflakes make this a simple, doable, and easy on the budget ornament!

After punching out my snowflakes I dabbed a little glue with my Quickie Glue pen and sprinkled with Palette Ultrafine Prisma glitter. On the silver and pink ornament, you see the white mini plastic snowflakes; I punched them using my Crop-a-dile. So, it was not a problem sticking the straight pin through, attaching to the ornament.

My game plan is to make ornaments for my husband’s siblings and their children, using their last name. For example, The Schram Family, or The Schrams or any name, sentiment, colored image for these Christmas ornaments would work! And all from floral picks, who knew! I hope you let your imagination see the possibilities JustRite stamps have waiting for you as the upcoming holiday season approaches!

Sending a warm and heartfelt THANK YOU to JustRite for allowing me to share some of my JustRite creations while being here as your guest blogger. It has been such a great time of sharing and I so appreciate you having me! Take good care!


Stamps: JustRite Times New Roman font, Something Sweet Set, Tiny Little Words Set
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Adirondack Currant
Paper: Papertreyink cardstock, Basic Grey DP
Accessories: Sharon Johnson and Michaels ribbon, MS snowflake and border punches, decorative straight pins, floral picks, circle punches, spellbinder circle and scallop dies, quickie glue pen, glitter, crop-a-dile, snowflake plastic embellishments



Keep us in mind....."When it needs to be JustRite".

4 comments:

lisa808 said...

I am 'in love' with your pink ornament! It is so beautiful.

Sharon Harnist said...

Beautiful ornaments, Barb!

Debbie Olson said...

These are lovely, Barb--beautiful job!

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous ornaments!!! I love them!!! I was JUST in Michaels looking at the ornaments as they were putting them out -- but decided to wait until they were all out -- now I am TRULY inspired!!!