Thursday, September 3, 2009

Day Two with Angela Barkhouse - School Bus Mini Album

Today Angela has a terrific project for you!! And if you have a Cricuit you will want to case this fun Mini Album!! Here's Angela:

Like many a mom--this week I got to do a little "Happy Dance" as my daughter went off to school this week. Emily really loves school and we love to scrapbook together so as a little extra treat I designed this fun school bus mini album for Emily to capture some of her 4th grade memories in. I love making mini themed albums- They are fast & fun to put together!!
To make my school bus album - I used my Cricut Expression along with the Doodlecharms cartridge to create my bus with windows & the students with my paper doll dress up cartridge. The bus is cut at 7 ½”.
The “stop sign” is made using Spellbinders Octogon Nestabilites and stamped using the JustRite Times Roman 25 point font set. I used my JustRite Brayton 50 pt font to recreate Emily's School Name on the front of the Bus. This is a fun project and you can decide exactly how many pages you need to create in your book- just keep cutting these fun buses. To create buses without windows use your shadow feature on your Cricuit.
Here is what the book looks like open!! It was so much fun making and adding fun little personalized embellishments to make each page unique.

All of the page titles in my mini album were stamped using the JustRite Curlz 50 point Font set and my Horizontal Stamper.

On the second page of the album I made this cute little backpack using the Cricuit Doodlecharms cartridge and personalized it with Emily's name using Times Roman ?? pt font.

On each page I created mats for the photos so that finishing the mini album would be a cinch. On some pages I used SU photo corners as embellishments for the corners of my mats. I'm thinking this project would also be a sweet teacher's gift for Christmas as well!! And of course this book will be a hoot for Emily 20 years from now!!
For these pages I created friends & classmates using Paper Doll Dressup cartridge (the faces are made using Peachy Keen face stamps) The apple is from the Makin' the Grade Cartridge
and here is a close up of the Curlz Font Journaling for my next page.
This will be a fun page for Emily to put a picture from her class trip.
Here's a great place to use her class picture. The camera is from the Makin' the Grade Cartridge. I used the 15 pt Times Roman Font to journal on the page " Say Cheese" - one of Emily's favorite phrases for all those scrapbook photos - I am always taking.
For the next page I selected this fun little lockers from the same cartridge and used my JustRite Font to number the lockers.Yes, and as you can see I am a JustRite Font Junkie!! I love the versatilty of creating my own message anywhere I want and Emily thinks it is so neat that she has her name on projects.

For these pages in the bus the crayon and scissors are Quickutz dies.


Here's a little tip - I attached photo mats as well as embellishments before I bound the book together. I think it is much easier (just in case you make an error, it is easier to make another page). Once all of the pages were to my likin’ I used my Zutter Binding System along with the 5/8” wire to bind my book together. Then I tied red, yellow & black ribbon onto my wire to dress it up a bit.
Hope you enjoyed the Bus Ride and are enjoying a little peace and quiet in your day!! Enjoy your Winter Vacation (That's what Mom's call back to school)!!

Supplies:
Stamps: JustRite Stampers – Brayton 50 point font, Times Roman 25 point font, Curlz 50 point font Peachy Keen face stamps
Paper: Worldwin
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa, Memento Tuxedo Black
Diecuts & Dies: Spellbinders Octogons, Cricut Expressions, Paper Doll Dressup Cartridge, Doodlecharms cartridge, Makin’ The Grade cartridge
SU photo corner punch
Quickutz die (crayon, scissors)
Zutter Binding System & 5/8” wire

Keep us in mind....."When it needs to be JustRite".

15 comments:

jesskittelson said...

Oh how cute! I really adore this!

Debbie Olson said...

Oh, Angela--this is just darling! You hit a home run!

Ida D. said...

This is just so cute and creative!

Rose Ann said...

Oh my goodness...this is sooo adorable!!

Kathy Jones said...

OMGosh!!!! This is TOTALLY awesome Angela!!! Such an amazing use of Font!!! Incredibly creative!! :)

Charlotte Welcher said...

The Christmas season has come to mean the period when the public plays Santa Claus to the merchants. ~John Andrew Holmes

Barbara Schram said...

What a treasure! I love all the usage of fonts...it's just right! So, so creative!

lisa808 said...

Absolutely adorable.

Unknown said...

This would make me want to go to school just so I could fill up this great book!!

klasickewpie said...

What an absolutely adorable album. Your daughter will certainly cherish this for always.

Nicole said...

So, So cute!! I am in Maine, too!...RSU #23. LOL! My son is starting Kindergarten and this would be perfect to document his first year of school!!

Michele Kovack said...

This is super cute Angela!

Mrs B said...

Oh, this is just so cute!!!! I think I am going to make one for my grandson who just started Kindergarten this year! Thanks for the inspiration!
Cindyb

Michelle said...

What a FABULOUS idea.. Makes me wish my boys were little again..

Michelle

Sharon Harnist said...

What a darling scrapbook, Angela -- absolutely love all the custom wording you did! What a great keepsake!