Tuesday, September 8, 2009

JustRite Custom Christmas Cards - SCS Product Review & Mini Custom Christmas Card Hop!!

It is a very exciting day in Blog Land!! Remember last week I said we had a surprise for you? Well here it is we have 3 You Tube Video's to share with you today!! We have a mini Blog Hop (scroll to the Bottom of the page for the links). And we are the Product Focus at Splitcoaststampers and the product review team has written reviews on our 2" stamper with 15 point font, Our Holiday Demi Phrases, and the Have A Merry Little Christmas Set. With these three items you can Custom design your own Personalized Christmas Cards. To read the product review click here. To see a written tutorial with great photos on how to use these products click here

For those of you who are dying to see how are stamps really work Beate from Splitcoaststampers has done an outstanding You Tube Video that you can view by clicking here. To see the You Tube Video version of the tutorial click here.

As an added bonus Beate has also has done a Tent topper You Tube Video tutorial for Splitcoaststampers using a stamped image from our Old Fashioned Christmas set. Beate thanks for all the great video Tutorials!!
Remember the beautiful Fleur De Lis Ornaments that Becca Feeken made for the Christmas Blog Hop?? Becca has now filmed a video tutorial for the basic ornament (you will just add your JustRite accents) which you can find by clicking here. For the written version of the tutorial click here.
We have now added a You Tube Video Tutorial section to the right sidebar of the blog so that you can easily find these tutorials whenever you need them.
Today- I thought I would share with you Christmas Cards that anyone can make even if you have never made a card before! For my project I purchased inexpensive Christmas Cards (these were from the Christmas Tree Shop) and blank red cardstock cards from American Crafts. Next I used these three products(Have a Merry Little Christmas, 2" Stamper with 15 point Font and Holiday Demi Phrases) to custom design my JustRite Personalized Christmas Stamper.
First I loaded my Holiday Demi Phrase into the outer rim of my 2" Stamper.
Next I added in my 1 5/8 designer center from the Have A Merry Christmas Stamp set.

Then I added in a designer border from the same set. (Note: it is not necessary to use a 1 5/8" designer border--if you omit it you will have adequate room to die cut the image for additional layering)
Then I added my Custom Phrase to complete the demi phrase. ( OOPS-I got so excited once I loaded my custom sentiment that I forgot to take a picture of it before I inked it up the stamp). Next I stamped the image to see where I would need to adjust the custom writing and then using my tweezers - I simply shifted the letters slightly to adjust the spacing.

After you have loaded your custom block I highly recommend stamping off lots of images before you unload your block. These extra images will allow you to make quick Christmas Gifts at a later date.

Or if you love the idea of having a custom block always at hand simply purchase an additional block and leave your custom block set-up permenantly.
As you can see I had a ton of fun redesigning these pre made cards and adding a personal touch to them. I used a variety of combinations of Large & Small Classic Circle Nestabilities & Scallop Classic Nestabilites to make my JustRite Custom Embellishments.

I made every card a little different-the possibilites were endless...and I have even started changing out my Holiday Demi Phrases and my custom sentiment yet!! For this version I used three pieces of ribbon and simplified my card by just using circle diecuts and a little gold leafing with my Gold Krylon Pen.For this version I diecut the card with my oval nestabilites highlighting the tower of the Lighthouse. Then I die cut the red cardstock so that I could give my card an oval window. I used a second card to cut out pieces of the lighthouse so that I could create a paper toile effect. The bow, roof and walkway are all a second layer of the image.
For a slightly fancier card I made a bow with my wired velvet ribbon and then used the small velvet flower to accent the bow.

Hope you enjoyed these easy peasy Personalized Christmas Cards !!And who knows maybe I may have just inspired you to design your own Personalized Christmas Cards.


Now On to our Mini Christmas Card Hop

And I am off to design my next set of Personalized Christmas Cards. Here is a little peak at my custom designed images for the next set of cards.

Happy Custom Stamping!!
Keep us in mind....."When it needs to be JustRite".

18 comments:

Kathy Jones said...

LOVE what you've done here!!! What gorgeous personalised Christmas cards!!!! :)

Sharon Harnist said...

LOVE your customized pre-made Christmas card idea, Kellie -- brilliant for EVERY kind of stamper!

Patti J. said...

I need one of everything! Thanks SO much for the wonderful tutorial! I have always wondered how difficult these were to work. Now...I'm headed off to shop! Thanks!

Marlis said...

ordering my supplies as fast as i can type.. love this idea, projects and JustRite! because it's always just right!

Barbara Schram said...

LOVE the Christmas cards...makes me feel like creating personalized cards are within my reach for everyone on my list!!!

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

What a great bunch of projects lined up! Love your cards, Kellie -- great idea for quick projects!!!

klasickewpie said...

Oh my! What fantastic tips you've given to personalize readymade cards. I'm practically screaming with glee. Love JustRite
stamps.

slbt17 said...

what fun! thanks for all the tips ...
Sandra

Anonymous said...

These cards are beautiful. This is a wonderful Stamp Set to make Christmas Cards.

Thanks for sharing.

Linda D.

Cazzy said...

That is lovely, and I am so looking forward to getting my blog candy sets.

Cazzy x

Christine said...

Gorgeous projects!!

Blessings,
Christine

Christine said...

What a great idea to customize purchased Christmas cards.

Blessings,
Christine

brenda a said...

Wow. i just ordered these sets and I can't wait to get them to try this.

Unknown said...

I like that each one is a little different. how do you get the border to be a different color than the inside circle?

Michele said...

Your card is just lovely!! What a great idea using the store bought card and customizing it. I had to comment on this card because I got a chuckle when I saw the name...
Fortin is my maiden name!!!! Great job, thanks for sharing!

Michele F.

Pat (mspfd) said...

What a terrific idea! Love the variations you included to jump start our mojo.

Anonymous said...

Hi !.
might , perhaps curious to know how one can manage to receive high yields .
There is no need to invest much at first. You may commense to get income with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you thought of all the time
AimTrust represents an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

Its head office is in Panama with affiliates around the world.
Do you want to become an affluent person?
That`s your chance That`s what you wish in the long run!

I`m happy and lucky, I started to get real money with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. If it gets down to select a proper partner utilizes your money in a right way - that`s AimTrust!.
I make 2G daily, and my first deposit was 1 grand only!
It`s easy to start , just click this link http://ilytogoka.exactpages.com/orapot.html
and lucky you`re! Let`s take this option together to become rich

Anonymous said...

Good day !.
might , perhaps curious to know how one can reach 2000 per day of income .
There is no need to invest much at first. You may commense earning with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you need
The company represents an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

It is based in Panama with affiliates everywhere: In USA, Canada, Cyprus.
Do you want to become really rich in short time?
That`s your choice That`s what you desire!

I feel good, I began to take up income with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. If it gets down to select a proper companion utilizes your savings in a right way - that`s it!.
I take now up to 2G every day, and my first deposit was 1 grand only!
It`s easy to get involved , just click this link http://ugupylutus.100megsfree5.com/kivexa.html
and go! Let`s take our chance together to get rid of nastiness of the life