Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Day Two with Barb Schram - JustRite Playtime

Today Barb has the sweetest personalized card and a gift using JustRite Font!! The JustRite Mega Font Hop starts on Thursday at 8 am EST and is a Two Day Event with a Big Announcement - you won't want to miss!! I can't wait to see what this team of SUPER Talented women make!!

JustRITE Playtime Fun





One of the features I like best about JustRite fonts is they can be used alone or added to any creation I want! For my design today, I decided to utilize JustRite’s Brayton Font to create a name plate on my card. A long overdue baby card and gift is finally complete, Hooray! Not overdue, in the sense of baby being overdue, but meaning finally getting this gift completed! Isn’t this little guy the cutest? He is stamped with Memento tuxedo black ink and colored with Copic markers.

Adding letter blocks to spell “Cooper” seemed very appropriate for a bit of room decor! After all, the little guy is playing with blocks on the card! The wooden blocks measure
1 ½” and are painted with white acrylic paint. The card’s ring frame is thin chipboard covered with blue cardstock, and painted with white acrylic paint. I sanded to bring back some blue, and then cut with Spellbinders Classic circle dies.

For letter and name stamping, I used my JUST RITE Brayton Font and 1 3/8” x 3 ½” rectangular stamper. The 95pt. font on the blocks and the 50pt. font on the card’s name plate.

All JustRite Stampers boxed font sets include THREE font sizes. Gotta love that! For this project I used the 95pt to create my blocks.
I stamped first and then positioned my 1 3/8” square punch to cut out the patterned paper squares. Much easier that way! I proceeded to punch out all patterned paper squares for the blocks, and adhered with Mod Podge. Using my rubber brayer aided in securing the squares and removing any air bubbles. After blocks were dry, I sanded and lightly misted with matte finish sealer.
Cooper Name Plate was created using 50pt. Font I trimmed the name plate to fit my card design and clipped corners for added interest. Adhesive black pearls complete the Brayton font “Cooper” name plate for a finished look. Glue dots hold the name plate in place.

I hope you make room for some JustRite playtime fun, adding that personal touch to your creations! Create home décor, attach a name, or add a special message, making your creations JustRite! Take good care and I’ll be back tomorrow!


Supplies:


StampsJustRite Uppercase Brayton Font, 1 3/8” x 3 ½” Rectangular Stamper, GinaK Designs little guy at play
Ink – StazOn Black, Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper – Papertreyink Stampers Select white, Spring Rain, and Men of Life patterned papers
Accessories – Papertreyink spring rain twill, Misc. stripe ribbon and buttons, Spellbinders Classic circle dies, chipboard, needle and string, adhesive pearls, ticket corner punch, Glue dots, foam dimensionals, Mod Podge, Acrylic white paint, sponge brush, Sanding block, Matte finish spray sealer,
Copic markers: Y15, Y17, Y21, YR68, R27, R29, E00, E04, E31, E33, B21, B24, BG10, YG03, YG06, RV11, C1, C3, 0 (colorless blender)


Keep us in mind....."When it needs to be JustRite".

15 comments:

connie said...

This is cute! I love the idea of the blocks spelling the name.

Steph Ackerman said...

Very cute idea. love it.

Karen said...

I love the new big fonts!!!!! Your card and project are darling.

lisa808 said...

Cute project.

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

What a great project for a new baby gift -- just love it -- way to go, Barb!

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

What a great project for a new baby gift -- just love it -- way to go, Barb!

Liz said...

Holy Cow how haven't I heard of this till Saturday.... I had two ladies that live by these stamps send me.. Yipee

Ellek said...

Your going to have to quit doing this to me! LOVE IT...but my pocketbook doesn't hehehe

ldiggs said...

Just love the blocks...what an original idea!

DB said...

What a cute set..love the blocks!

Kathy Jones said...

That is just too cool Barb!!! Love the blocks idea!!! :)

Michele Kovack said...

This is simply darling!

Unknown said...

Very cute blocks. You did such a great job!

Marcy said...

You did a wonderful and a very cute idea.

Cheryl said...

Very nice and a great sale at just rite also.