Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Barb Schram - Day Three-- When I visit Grandma

Don't forget that the Mega Font Hop starts on Thursday at 8 am EST!!...It's a 2 day event with 54 of your favorite designers!! They'll be blog candy and an announcement that you won't want to miss!! Today Barb has a terrific project featuring her Grandson..who is just adorable. Grandma will be sharing more photos of her little guy on her blog today as well - so if you have a chance click through and check out Barb's blog Explore, Dream ,Discover today.

When I Visit Grandma


When our grandson, Kaylub comes to visit, I know his Mom wants to have all the details of his stay! You know…what time he ate, how many formula ounces he consumed, length of sleeping time, etc. Hence, the idea of a notebook came to mind and this little Kaylub creation was designed! I purchased the notebook (in a three pack) from Walgreen Drugstore some time ago, waiting to be utilized for just the perfect project! I was drawn to the notebook because of its cover colors and also the thickness of the cover, making it quite sturdy and durable. I created a photo pocket by trimming down a small clear envelope to size needed. The pocket is attached with scor tape. The pocket opening is on the left, so the cardstock framed photo doesn’t have a chance of falling out.


The front and back outside cover is stamped with watermark ink. I love how this adds so much interest without taking away from the precious photo! Of course, I may be just a tiny bit biased! You have to admit though, he’s darling! The twine you see at the top of notebook is tied onto a paperclip to hold pages together. This makes finding the most recent entry a snap.



To personalize the notebook, I utilized JustRite’s Times New Roman font, both uppercase and lowercase. The “K” is 95pt uppercase font. Having the versatility of Times New Roman in upper and lower case is another JustRite font feature I love! After stamping the letter “K” and positioning my label punch, I created my tag. I shaded the label edging and added green eyelets to finish. The label is attached with foam dimensionals.






I made use of a leftover mini notebook page from a scrapbooking kit, perfect to stamp my words on! I used both JustRite Times New Roman 50pt, upper and lower case font. Setting and stamping the words individually and randomly, made it easy and no worries about misplacement! A little heart with bakers string placed on a punched circle completes the overall page design.

I used my JustRite Oval 1 3/4” x 2 5/16” wooden stamper for all letter and word stamping. Pictured above is the Times New Roman 50pt uppercase font. I’m pleased with the look of the upper and lower case font…it adds just enough interest to keep your attention to the end of the statement.

And here is a close up the stamped word, Grandma. Perfect sized notebook to tuck in a diaper bag, record all necessary information (Grandma gushing included!), and create a log of precious memories in the process. It’s certain to become a keepsake, one created with love to remember treasured visits with Grandma!

Get ready for a spectacular JustRite Font Blog Hop, this Thursday and Friday! I will be hopping too, and return next Monday & Tuesday! Take good care!

Supplies:
Stamps
JustRite Times New Roman Uppercase Font Set, JustRite Times New Roman Lowercase Font Set, JustRite Oval 1 3/4” x 2 5/16” wooden stamper ,Foam decorative stamp
Ink – Versamark watermark, Adirondack Espresso
Paper – Brown, Cream Cardstock, Mini notebook page from scrapbooking kit
Accessories – 3 ¼” x 5 ¼” Notebook, photo, 3 ¼” x 3 ¼” clear envelope, misc. heart button, scrap twine & bakers string, paper clip, label and ¾” circle punch, sponge dauber, eyelets & Crop-a-Dile, scor tape, foam dimensionalsKeep us in mind....."When it needs to be JustRite".

6 comments:

Joan Fricker said...

Barb, how cute and what a great idea. And, you are right this will be quite the keepsake. I am sure your daughter loves it!

Joan

Betty Meyskens said...

I am just loving this creation! I am expecting a grandchild in the new year and this would be a great idea. Actually it would make great baby shower gifts too - other than you couldn't personalize it with a letter. Anyways - just love it.

lisa808 said...

Cute project!

Anonymous said...

Love your site, but is there a reason you don't spell "recieve" correctly? The rule is: i before e, except after c.......


From an old retired 5th grade teacher....

Linda Beeson said...

Adorable project and those letters make it so easy to do.

Marcy said...

You have given everyone a great idea.