Monday, September 14, 2009

Day One with Barb Schram- Pumpkin Dip

It is Font week this week at JustRite!! We are going to knock your socks off this week. We have a full week of projects planned using JustRite Font - Monday thru Wednesday Barb Schram is our guest blogger. As always she has lots of fun fabulous economically gifts planned to share with you this week (Barb will be back to join us next week on Monday & Tuesday) because we will be interrupting her guest week to bring you a Mega Font Hop so big and so jammed with projects from 54 of your favorite designers that it will be a two day event. We also have a Huge Announcement on Thursday during the Font Mega Hop.... so don't miss it!!

So here's Barb... GOING FOR A DIP

PUMPKIN DIP! That is! Last year I discovered this dip recipe on SCS (Sandy Galley), and it is fabulous! ( the recipe is waiting for you at the end of this post). Fall is definitely in the air and before long the Thanksgiving season will be upon us! If you are in need of a gift for hostesses, a special neighbor, or even teachers, this could be it! I wanted quick packaging and found canning jars work quite well. There are many sizes of “Ball” brand canning jars. I chose a wide mouth, half pint, contemporary styled jar with platinum band/lid and found them at my local hardware store.

Of course, the jar lid was just too plain leave as is, so I was off to embellish! I stamped the pumpkin image from JustRite’s Autumn Blessings Set with Memento tuxedo black ink. Using my 2 ¼” x 3 1/16” oval wooden stamper, I stamped the pumpkin center image only. This allowed die cutting my image into a circle. I used a Spellbinders Classic circle die to accomplish this!
Copic Markers used: YR09, YR65, YR68, E09, E31, E33, YG03, G07, G21, G24, and 0(colorless blender). I love the pumpkin image and leaves, suggestive of what is waiting inside the jar!



Utilizing JustRite’s 50pt. and 25pt. Curlz font, I created a tag for my pumpkin dip jar. You can see the letter setup in above photo. Placing the letters on my 1 5/8” round wooden stamper worked well, stamping with same ink as previously mentioned.
The Spellbinders Tags 5 die had the right size tag among the five to choose from. I stamped “Pumpkin Dip” first, and then positioned my tag die for a perfect fit. I thought JustRite’s Curlz Font was just right; it carried the whimsical theme of the curls surrounding the pumpkins and leaves, don’t you think? Tag is tied around bow center with bakers string.

THANK YOU, JustRite! I am thrilled to be guest blogging a few days this week and next! Especially when we have the Font Blog Hop to look forward to! This Thursday & Friday! Take good care!
Now for the recipe!

PUMPKIN DIP RECIPE (Sandy Galley)
1- 8oz. softened cream cheese (any brand, regular type; not reduced fat, etc)
2-7oz. jars Kraft Marshmallow Crème
1-15oz. canned Libby’s Pumpkin
1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
1 Teaspoon Grated Orange Rind (I used in the jar spice kind, but you can use fresh if you want!)
Mix cream cheese and marshmallow cream until smooth. Add remaining ingredients and stir well. Serve as a dip accompanied with vanilla wafers, thin chocolate wafer cookies, graham crackers, bagels, sweet breads, muffins, apple slices! Endless possibilities! Makes 4 Cups. Store leftover dip in refrigerator.

Thanks Barb, for a terrific project complete with a recipe!! Be sure to stop back in tomorrow to see Barb's next creation...you are gonna love it.

Keep us in mind....."When it needs to be JustRite".

12 comments:

A Consuming Passion said...

What a great project thanks so much for sharing!

lisa808 said...

Great Fall project.

Joan Fricker said...

What a great idea and a great recipe. Great job!

Joan

Ellen (aka ScrapStampnMama) said...

Oh, this sounds so yummy and a perfect gift idea too!

Teresa said...

Oh that sounds so good and yummy. The project will be fun to do. I can't wait.

Marjorie said...

Thanks for such a neat project. I just need to order more stamps I suppose. The recipe sounds wonderful so will certainly give that a try!

Debbie Olson said...

Beautiful, and sounds scrumptious too, Barb!

KanataNewf said...

Another fabulous project!

Michelle said...

Too cool.. ADORABLE project and yummy recipe.

Michelle

Karen said...

This is so lovely and a great idea for neighbor gifts. I think I will use it for a Thanksgiving one. Thanks for sharing it.

Marcy said...

Wow, what a cute project!!

Tami said...

what a lovely project and the dip sounds yummy. I want to make some.
Thanks!