Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Day Three with Barb Schram -Forever Friends

Today Barb has given ordinary magnetic photo pockets a JustRite Makeover. Barb we love how you used our stamps and font to alter these photos. Perfect ideas for gifts or scrapbook pages.
Remember we told you after seeing how talented Barb is you will be subscribing to her blog, that is if you haven't already.


FOREVER FRIENDS

While at Hobby Lobby this past fall, I eyed these magnetic photo pockets. At that time, our youngest daughter had just given her sister a baby shower. I thought a few pictures from the shower would fit perfectly into the pockets and I would have them all set for Christmas! Well, the holidays have come and gone and I decided it was finally time to work on this idea and get the job done! I especially love the photo they snapped themselves! So, onto plan B, I plan to gift these for Valentine’s Day!
This particular package has three 3½” x 5” pockets, they are reusable with the photo sliding in or out from both sides. I chose horizontal pictures, but vertical pictures work just as well. The entire back is magnetic. I always wonder how strong magnets are on various products, and am reluctant to purchase them because they might not hold. But I took a chance and have to say this creates a strong magnetic bond, even with the added embellishments. That’s a good thing!
I used two separate approaches for the stamping. Choosing to create my own sentiment, Forever Friends on one of the pockets I got out my Brayton 25pt. and 50pt fonts, and the Harmony 1 3/8” x 3 ½” rectangular stamper. Memento Tuxedo black ink was used. For the second pocket, utilizing my Special Occasion Monogram Stamper Kit, I stamped the center and ring in two separate colors, cutting my CHERISH saying from the red center, while punching the ring with round circle punches. All paper edging was slightly rubbed with a inked dauber.

PTI Men of Life patterned paper inspired the colors for the pocket embellishments. I picked up the red and blue colors for the CHERISH pocket. After stamping and cutting my red sentiment, punching the outer blue stamped ring with my 13/4” and 13/8” circle punches, I was ready to attach them atop my piece of patterned paper. I added a small piece of matching twill ribbon with a tiny safety pin…I thought this was perfect since the photo is from the baby shower! An adhesive gem to dot the letter I and voila!
One of my favorite things to do is using various sized fonts and changing up the letters of words I am spelling. This is exactly what I did for the words: FOREVER FRIENDS. The first letter of the words uses the JustRite Brayton font, 50pt and the remaining letters utilize 25pt.font. Another piece of twill ribbon, this time with a mini paper clip adds some interest, as does the rain dot heart!

Photos make perfect gifts. I think these simple photo pockets will pull on my daughter’s heartstrings capturing cherished memories between forever friends!

JustRite StampsHarmony Rectangular Stamper Set, Brayton Font, Special Occasion Monogram Stamper Kit.
Ink – Memento Tuxedo Black, ColorBox Warm Red and French Blue
Paper – Papertreyink Spring Rain cardstock, Men of Life patterned papers, SU real red
Accessories – Magnetic photo pockets, computer photo paper, PTI twill ribbon, adhesive gem and rain drop heart, MM mini safety pin and paper clip, Red Line adhesive tape, glue dot, SU dauber

Stop back in tomorrow too see day fours project!! You won't be disappointed!!

Keep us in mind....."When it needs to be JustRite".

2 comments:

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

Barb, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE how you have so simply, yet so FABULOUSLY embellised these beautiful photos of your girls!!! LOVE how you used the Cherish center -- just LOVE it!!!

Sharon Harnist said...

Darling projects, Barb -- I'm a fan of these photo pockets, too, and you've made them adorable!