Thursday, September 25, 2008

Gifts from the Heart

It's day 4 with Michele Kovack and Michele has a great project to share with everyone !!
Michele has taken a non traditonal approach to a traditional event!!

The first project is a card I created to give at a bridal shower. I know I could have done a "traditional" type bridal card....but that is sooooo boring!

The whole idea of a bridal shower is to stock their house or other living quarters, whatever they may be, right? So I decided on the house from the Provo Craft Doodlecharms cartridge. The paper is Cosmo Cricket. I stamped the sentiment directly on the ticket using the JustRite Small Pre inked Words from the "Love" set. I added some pretty felt flowers threaded with buttons and floss to dress it up a bit.
In addtion to the card, I wanted to be able to give my favorite recipes to my very good friend. Recipes that are special and have been handed down to me. When I saw this SU! tin, I thought it would be a perfect fit for recipe cards! To dress up the outside of the box I used SU! paper as well as some vintage book paper. (Told you I had an obsession with these papers!)

The sentiment was stamped with the round JustRite, "From the Kitchen of" set. The little bread image is by Crafty Secrets, as well as the Salt and Pepper shakers. I added a SU! ribbon and buttons threaded with twine. Inside the box contains recipe cards. The card was an SU! stamp. I used my Harmony Rectangular Stamp and the Curlz font (50 pt) for the Festive Fudge title. Now when I give those pots and pans at the shower, I will have a cute card and recipes she can cook up right away!

Keep us in mind....."When it needs to be JustRite".

6 comments:

ScrapAddict said...

Great ideas!!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful creations! The one with the salt and pepper shaker is just too cute.

Jeanne said...

Terrific ideas! Love the recipe box and cards!

Eveline said...

That looks so good. Your friend will love it.
Eveline.

Nancy Jensen said...

What a great idea! Very creative!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful project!! Great job Michelle! :)