Thursday, October 23, 2008

Day Four with Lisa Somerville- Door Plaque

Today is the last day to vote in the Pre-Inked Stamping Contest. You may vote for your favorite card in the pre-inked stamping contest by clicking here. You may vote for your favorite project in the pre-inked stamping contest by clicking here. Voting will be open until 8 pm EST Thursday Oct 23rd. Vote by leaving a comment on each post. The Grand prize winners will be announce on Friday.


Welcome to Day 4 with Lisa Somerville. Today Lisa show's us how to design a personalized door plaque.The JustRite Stampers Font Sets and Stamper Sets make personalizing your projects a snap! I love the new Rectangular Stamper Set, it's perfect for adding your own sentiments to your projects, or personalizing projects like I've done here!


I picked up the wood plaque at my Michaels store, painted it with Gesso and let it dry. I then used my Adirondack Acrylic Paint Dabber in Denim to add color, and let it dry. Before I stamped my image for my project, I placed my Times New Roman Font - size 25 onto my Harmony Rectangular Stamper Set. Then I inked it with Riding Hood Red using my Stamp-a-ma-jig, I stamped it on my image sheet so that I could use it for proper placement later in my project.
I stamped my image (Artistic Outpost - Route 66 Plate) in Black on vanilla card stock, let dry. I inked the sentiment I created earlier in Riding Hood Red, and using my Stamp-a-ma-Jig,
stamped it onto my card stock as shown.


Using my Distress Inks, Craft Sheet and Blending Tool, I applied the Straw ink, completely covering my project, then used the Corduroy around the edge, and finished with Black Soot. I adhered my image to a piece of Riding Hood Red card stock, then to my plaque using Tombow Multi Glue.

Once dry, I've created a great door plaque - perfect for gift giving!

Supplies:
JustRite Stamps - Times New Roman Font Set, Harmony Rectangular Stamper Set,

Stamps -Artistic Outpost Route 66
Ink - Ranger Black Archival, Ranger Distress Inks - Straw, Brushed Corduroy, Black, Stampin' Up! Riding Hood Red
Card Stock - Vanilla, Riding Hood Red
Accessories - Craft Mat, Ink Blending Tool, Stamp-a-ma-jig, Adirondack Acrylic Paint Dabber - Denim, Wood Plaque - Michaels, Gesso, Sponge Applicator, Tombow Multi


Keep us in mind....."When it needs to be JustRite".

No comments: