Monday, July 6, 2009

Guest Blogger Kathy Jones Day One

Congratulations to our last Summer Release #1 Blog Candy winner who has won our New Oval Calendar Set.

The Winner is:
Random Integer Generator
Here are your random numbers:91
Timestamp: 2009-07-06 11:03:39 UTC

Anemone said...
I usually buy my Christmas stamps anywhere between July & September. I start my cards early, so that I can finish in time! I probably average about 100 cards each year.
July 4, 2009 11:07 PM

Sit back with a cup of Coffee or a glass of wine and enjoy all the projects that Kathy Jones from Australia has cooked up for you this week. From Fun 3-D projects to beautiful cards- Kathy has lots of fun projects in store for you this week.

Hello Everyone and welcome to the first day of my Guest Blog Week! Each day this week I’ll be posting projects made using different JustRite products, so I hope you come back and see what’s new!
Today’s projects are Wine Glass Charms and something I thought of as soon as I saw this cool ‘Girl Time Set’!! I love this cool set with it’s fun images and just reminds you of fun times with your girlfriends!

I started with some Polyshrink (shrink plastic that probably comes in various types, but this is the brand I have). Now I was new to shrink plastic, but gee it’s so fun to play with! The lesson I learned is that the colours darken a lot when they shrink and make sure there is no other mark, no matter how tiny, because it will show up later! I lightly rubbed my nail file block over it because I didn’t have any fine sandpaper and then grabbed my Girl Time stamps and stamped each one in Jet Black Stazon. When dry I coloured each one with markers, cut out with circle nestabilities and then punched a ¼ inch hole in the sides. I shrunk each one using my heat gun while it was lying on some paper (so you don’t do something horrible to your furniture – don’t ask me how I know this!). Once the project is shrunk to size, I attached a split ring in the hole so that the charm lies flat when you use it. Then I grabbed some coloured wire, looped one end and added a crimp (squashed) to stop the beads moving, two small beads, then the charm and two more matching beads, crimp at the end and finishing off with a loop at the other end of the wire.

A little something that is fun and unique and perfect for my next Girls Night In! Hope you stop by again tomorrow for the next project!!

Kathy

Keep us in mind....."When it needs to be JustRite".

7 comments:

Crafty Girl (Karin Hoag) said...

These are the cutest wine charms I have EVER seen! I'm certainly gonna try this project cuz I received my order of the Girl Time set already! Yipee!

Michele Kovack said...

These are so cute!!! What a great gift to give someone!

Deb said...

I remember reading this post. I think, perhaps, that I missed it by 1!!! Congrats...

Patty Williams said...

Congrats Anemone !

So many beautiful stamps set on my wish list now !

Amy Sheffer said...

Fantastic project, Kathy! Love this idea!!

A Consuming Passion said...

What a great idea Kathy - I'd love a set of these and it's about time I tried the shrink plastic!! TFS

Heidi Blankenship said...

Fantastic project Kathy!! These glass charms are so cute! I'm sure all the girls at your next girls night in will love them!!