Thursday, November 12, 2009

Day 4 with Kathy Jones - Sprinkled with Love

First I would like to answer a few questions from yesterday's post. Kathy lives in Australia and in Australia hardware stores carry Kaiser Kraft Products. Many of you thought this would be a great idea -since all our Hubby's wouldn't mind a trip to the hardware store right? Also in Aussie lingo a basket is called a hamper.

You can begin shopping for the November Release tomorrow -- be sure to stop in tomorrow because we have a big announcement you won't want to miss!!

Do you have a little princess on your Christmas List?? Kathy has designed the sweetest Fairy ensemble for her daughter today, it would be such a fun gift for any little girl on your list.

Hello everyone and welcome to Day 4 of my Guest Blogging week! Today’s project is a fun one for the little girl in your life!!


My daughter is 2yrs old and loves pink, yellow and all things fairy related!! I had this paper mache wand just begging to be decorated so I coated it with yellow paint and waited for it to dry. I stamped the sentiment using the Celebrations Demi Phrases and the Font set from the 2” Font and Center Set. The beautiful heart image is from the Favorite Occasions Borders and Centers Set. I stamped it all in Memento Tuxedo Black and coloured the heart in markers and a blender pen. It was cut out using the Large Circle Spellbinders and matted with pink cut using the Small Circle Spellbinders. I glued it to the wand, added some pink Kaisercraft Rhinestones to each point and some pink ribbons to the handle of the wand.

Because all girls like to put their treasures in boxes I made a matching 2-5-7-10 box (found at SCS - http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/tutorials/2_5_7_10_box/ ) using yellow card for the base and some My Mind’s Eye Abbey Road paper to decorate the front. Once again I use the 2” Font and Center Set to make the sentiment in the Favorite Occasions Borders and Centers Set for the heart and coloured it to match. My daughter loves a show called ‘The Fairies’ where everything is ‘Fanfairytastic’ so it seemed the perfect sentiment to add!!

Stamps – Celebrations Demi Phrases, 2” Font and Center Set, Favorite Occasions Borders and Centers.
Paper – Yellow, White, My Mind’s Eye Abbey Road DP
Ink – Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories – Paper Mache Wand, Large, Large Scallop and Small Circle Nestabilities, Pink Kaisercraft Rhinestones, Markers, Blender Pen, Scor Pal, Grosgrain Ribbon, 1/8 circle punch, double sided tape, Fiskars Border Punch.

I can’t believe the week is almost over and I hope you stop by tomorrow for one last project for the week!

Hugs
Kathy J

Keep us in mind....."When it needs to be JustRite".

10 comments:

Stacy Morgan said...

Kathy this is adorable and so sweet. I love what you did with the star. Very creative and fun!

Kris Turner said...

Kathy: These are absolutely adorable! I have twin 3-year granddaughters who would particularly love the wand! Thanks for the great idea and wonderful job!Kris, Wadsworth, OH

Lenoria said...

This is so sweet!

Heather said...

This is absolutely FANFAIRYTASTIC indeed!My 1 year old niece loves Abby Cadabby from Sesame Street and she's a fairy so this would so work for her room with different colors! Thanks for sharing such a cute project.

Leigh said...

These projects are excellent for small girls Kathy.

Anonymous said...

I love these projects. Any little girl would be happy to receive them. Thanks for sharing.

Linda D>

Edna Morrisedie said...

Nice to feature yellow with this set, I am sure it will go down a treat!! Great way to showcase the builability of this stamp range!

Donna VW said...

That is so cute - great idea!

slbt17 said...

love the colors! very nice.
Sandra

Debbie Olson said...

Kathy, your projects this week have been absolutely fabulous!