Friday, November 27, 2009

Day 5 with Sankari Wegman

A Huge Thanks to Sankari for inspiring us this week!! I know you have enjoyed all of her amazing projects as much as I have. You can find Sankari most days blogging at Sankari's Sunshine Corner. Enjoy your Christmas Shopping and remember to tell Santa that JustRite is having a sale!

Happy Friday Everyone!!

I have been so happy to be the Guest Designer for Just Rite this week - its been a blast and so much fun to create all of these fun projects! I am sad that this is my last day as a guest designer but am excited to show you a project that I made using the beautiful oval baby stamps from Just Rite . My cousin and his wife just found out that they are having a baby girl and we are all over the moon by this news! I wanted to send them something cute and congratulatory and loved the fact that I could personalize their names with my Just Rite Baby Stamp Ensemble stamp set(which comes with 6 borders and 6 centers and which is on SALE right now for the amazing price of $4.00!!! )
The little metal container has some pink and white socks for the little wee baby and a 12x12 strip of Basic Grey Sultry is wrapped around it. I thought the bootie image was perfect for this cute little container of socks (and yes - I LOVE socks as you probably noticed from day 3's project :)
Here is a close up of the card: I cut out my oval (without a border) and paired it with my spellbinders. I love bright colors and am not really sure how to "do" pastels - and while I was making this, I had to laugh a little, because it is so not a light pink kind of card :) But I had fun making it and I hope my cousin and his wife will like it :)
I stamped the sentiment in Memento Rose Red and the pacifier image is stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black and then colored in with my copics. I sponged the edge of the oval (cut out the Creative Memories Oval cutter) and then adhered onto spellbinders with dimensionals - here is a closer peek at the sentiment on the card: I LOVE that I could personalize this gift with my cousin's name and his wife's name - it says: Congratulations: with the names of my cousins' written with Just Rite fonts (Times Roman 15pc). The fun thing is that even thought this bootie stamp is an oval one, after stamping it, I cut it out with some circle spellbinders and then created some layers :) Its always so nice to get a card/present in the mail and even nicer I think when it is personalized with your name on it :) Today Just Rite is having an amazing Sale and I can't wait to shop (in my PJ's sipping on some hot cocoa :) A huge thank you to Kellie for everything that she does and for all of you for visiting! I hope you enjoyed the projects this week as much as I enjoyed making them!!

Thank you so much for stopping by today!
Big hugs to all!!
Sankari :)

Project Ingredients:
Paper: Prism cardstock and Basic Grey Sultry DP
Inks: Memento Rosebud and Memento Tuxedo black
Stamps: Just Rite Baby Stamp Ensemble stamp setAccessories: corner chomper, ribbon from stash, spellbinders, liquid pearls, dimensionals, sponger, copics, liquid glaze, corner rounder, circle punch and circle spellinder - the metal box is from one of my friends who is amazing!!!

Keep us in mind....."When it needs to be JustRite".

4 comments:

Steph Ackerman said...

What great cards. Love all the layers.

Radha said...

CC that is gorgeous... I love it!
Stil shopping to V + T :)))

Donna VW said...

What a lovely set.

Kathy Jones said...

Absolutely stunning baby set Sankari - you've done an amazing job this week!!!