Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Bookmark With Card

Welcome back to JustRite Stampers. Please remember to leave some comments here for Michelle and let her know how much you are enjoying her projects. Today's project is another great gift giving idea. Also, make sure you check out the blog candy at the bottom of this post and tell your friends too!


Today’s project is a personalized bookmark that slides into a matching pocket card. My friend Lori has taken the position of school Librarian next year at the high school. She is one of my best friends and customers so I thought this would be a cute and useful card to send to her when school starts this fall. She LOVES my handmade bookmarks and I am certain that she’ll be requesting more of these bookmarks when she sees this one.



To create the monogram for the bookmark, I used the *from the library* stamp from the Desk of/Library of/Kitchen of Borders JustRite Stampers monogram kit along with a wooden stamp mount. I inserted the *from the library* stamp into the outer circle of the wooden mount. I then inserted large and small letters from the Large Round Monogram Stamper kit to created the three letter monogram that uses my friends initials. I cut the monogram out with a Spellbinder’s circle die template and then adhered it to my handmade bookmark. I stitched on some red satin ribbon with my sewing machine.



To create the matching card, I used the same cardstock and patterned paper that I used for the bookmark. I cut and folded the solid cardstock to make the pocket portion of the card. I added some patterned paper and then stitched around the entire card to secure the pocket. This card is a standard size A2 card which measures 4-1/4" x 5-1/2". The bookmark slips inside the horizontal piece of cardstock which is attached only to the sides of the card with machine stitching. Another piece of solid cream cardstock slips into the pocket and will be used for my personal message.



I also stamped and cut out a few more monograms and backed them with double sided sticky squares so that my friend could add them to the inside covers of books, etc. I slipped them into a small, flat cello bag which will be inserted in the pocket. I can’t wait for my friend to start her new job and to use her new bookmark!


Supply List
JustRite Stampers: Desk of/Library of/Kitchen of Borders, Large Round Monogram Stamper Letters, Wooden Mount
Paper: Papertrey Ink Aqua Mist and Cream cardstock, Cosmo Cricket patterned paper
Ink: Stampin’ Up! Real Red
Dies: Spellbinder’s





**Blog Candy Alert**
We don't want you to miss a single important announcement or sneak peek of new products starting on Monday, July 7th. Therefore, we have added a Subscription Box in the right column. Please sign up to have the JustRite Stampers Blog delivered right to your email box. Everyone that enters their email address for a Feed Subscription by Friday will be entered into our Blog Candy drawing and the winner will be announced Saturday, July 5th.

The Blog Candy prize will be all three Accessory Kits...Curlz, Damask and Special Occassions. Yep you read that right...one person will recieve all three kits! Hurry, enter your email address and tell your friends too!

18 comments:

Diana said...

love these ideas. the just rite's add an elegant touch to everything. great job Michelle

mkayteem said...

Hi Mish -
I love everything you design! You rock, baby!
Your diet coke with lime friend -
~Mary

supermom said...

michelle, your cards are wonderful. you do a fabulous job!

Peggy Maier said...

I know your friend will love these! Be prepared to make lots more!

Andi (RrlScrapGal) said...

I love this! Michelle's projects are always a delight... Super job!

Anonymous said...

Michelle your projects are great. I also love visiting your blog. Your work is so beautiful. Great Job!

kim3timemom@yahoo dot com

Anonymous said...

I'm a librarian too and I never have enough bookmarks. This is so cute and would be a great card for many of my friends (who always expect a bookmark of some sort)!

Thanks for the idea!

Jane R

Nan and B.A.G.S. the pug said...

I am signed up! Cant wait!

Kathy McDonald said...

Mish, another great project! This is a very thoughtful gift, and your friend will be delighted. Thanks for the great instructions.

Lueyes said...

Wonderful project Michelle. Love the monogram stamps. I can't wait to see more!

DeeDee said...

WONDERFUL gift Mish...Love the color combo!!! GREAT job girlie!!

Troy Louise said...

Mish: Love your bookmarks - I'm sure your friend will also love them. Thanks for the never ending wonderful ideas.

Anonymous said...

What a great project and gift!! Love it (as usual)!

KimberlyO said...

I love this idea! I think I'm going to have to "borrow" this as a gift for a friend of mine. She's an avid book reader. :)

Maissi said...

Wonderful ideas! I just bought JustRite monogram stamper and I'm enjoying your ideas :)

BarbK said...

Great blog candy and super ideas. I'm in!

Anonymous said...

What a great project for anyone who loves to ready, especially with the extra monograms for future use; I love that! Thanks Mish!

cpullum said...

You are so creative! Thanks for the giveaway!