Friday, July 4, 2008

July 5th Invitations

Today is Michelle's last day as the JustRite Guest Blogger and we are so thankful for all the wonderful inspiration she has supplied all week. Her gift giving ideas were such a treat and source of great inspiration. This is also the last day to enter our Blog Candy contest and the winner will be announced tomorrow. Please see details at the bottom of this post. Make sure you keep coming back because we will start doing sneak peaks of our new product line starting on Monday, July 7th. Have a Happy 4th of July.


Every year we have a huge July 4th celebration at our house. We usually invite about 50 people and go all out with hamburgers, hot dogs, covered dishes, homemade ice cream and a HUGE fireworks display that lasts about an hour. It’s humid and hot, there are kids running around everywhere and it’s THE best time of the year.

This year I made Save the Date postcards as invitations. June and July are the busiest months for us because of ballgames, birthdays and summer time activities. So these little reminder cards are much appreciated by all of our friends.


To make the monogram emblem, I used the larger number 5 from the Medium and Large Numbers Monogram Set from JustRite Stampers.. I also used the small letters for the *save the date* and *6:30 pm* border. Our party this year will actually be held on July 5th, just in case you think I made an error on the date. I cut out the stamped portion with a circle Spellbinder’s Die Template and mounted it on a scallop cut piece of blue cardstock.


For the postcard portion, I typed the information on my computer and printed the information on my printer. I thought the little banner from the Papertrey Ink set called It’s a Celebration would be perfect for the party invites. I used the pennants that had the stars in red and blue and also added a few stars here and there.


To assemble my final postcards, I adhered the white portion to a red background. I then added a fun polka dot strip of patterned paper at an angle and then topped that with the *save the date* monogrammed emblem. So now all the invites are sent, almost everyone we invited is coming and we’re finishing up the final details of the party! Stay tuned for photos from our party, it should be a great time!

Supply List:
JustRite Stampers: Med and Large Numbers Set, Small Letter Set
Cardstock and Ink: Stampin’ Up! Real Red and Brilliant Blue
Other Stamps: Papertrey Ink
Dies: Spellbinder’s



**Blog Candy Alert**
We don't want you to miss a single important announcement or sneak peek of new products starting on Monday, July 7th. Therefore, we have added a Subscription Box in the right column. Please sign up to have the JustRite Stampers Blog delivered right to your email box. Everyone that enters their email address for a Feed Subscription by Friday will be entered into our Blog Candy drawing and the winner will be announced Saturday, July 5th.

The Blog Candy prize will be all three Accessory Kits...Curlz, Damask and Special Occassions. Yep you read that right...one person will recieve all three kits! Hurry, enter your email address and tell your friends too!

7 comments:

Barbara said...

Hope I win! I am hooked on monograms!
Barbara
barbararoberts01095@yahoo.com

supermom said...

these are adorable! you are so very talented!

Anonymous said...

These invitations are so cute! Wow, the possibilities are endless with these monogram stamps.

Happy 4th MIsh!

Jane

Nettie said...

Fantastic invites. I want to be invited to the party just so I can see the invite up close!

Have a great 4th

Nettie

Eveline said...

I do have a party tonight but it has nothing to do with the 4th of July as I live in Holland. But I wish you all a perfect day/evening.
I like the invitations, they look great.
Eveline.

DeeDee said...

Those are so ADORABLE Mish....WOW, what a treat to receive in the mail!!! GREAT job girlie....HUGS!!!

Deb Neerman said...

Lovin' these invites!! Great job, Mish!!

debkneer at aol dot com