Thursday, July 3, 2008

Just A Note Stationary Set

From all the comments this week I get the sense you are in love with Michelle's JustRite designs. We are in love too. {wink} Today Michelle has prepared a wonderful stationary set and presents yet another great gift giving idea. Enjoy and click on any picture for a larger view.


Today I’d like to show you a little stationery set that I made for my daughter Josey. She turns 11 soon and I’m sure she’ll get lots of fun presents from her friends and family. I have always encouraged my girls to send hand written thank you notes, so I thought these will come in handy for her. I can remember how much I loved stationery as a little girl. If my mother would have spoiled me with all of these cute creations when I was a child, I would have just fainted right there on the spot! I know Josey will enjoy having her very own set of note cards to use as thank you notes.



To create the monogram, I used the round flower border from the JustRite Stampers Curlz DIY Monogram Stamper Kit along with the alphabet stamps and the Small Letter Set. I inserted the flower border into the outside groove of a wooden mount. By using the wooden mount, I am able to use any ink type or color that I choose and it’s very easy to work with. I then lined up the letters from the Curlz alphabet to spell *NOTE* in the center of the wooden mount. I added *just a* just above the word *NOTE* by picking out tiny letters from the Small Letter Set. I love how the wooden mount has so many grooves...this is where you line up all sizes of letters and numbers. The combinations you can put together are endless.


After stamping the monogram, I then cut, embossed and layered the image onto cardstock using my Spellbinder’s Die Templates. I added pop dots to the back of the stamped images. Then I created my card base by adding some cute owl patterned paper to the front of my standard A2 size card. I also added a horizontal strip of white cardstock which was stamped with polka dots. I adhered the monogram to the card front and then added some matching 3-D owl stickers to the top of the patterned paper.


I add some envelopes and tied the note cards up with some cute ribbon. These will be tucked into a gift sack for Josey’s birthday. She will LOVE them. And I’m guessing that Jordan will too......so good thing I stamped off some extra monograms. I think she’ll be excited too when I tell her she can make her own set of note cards!

Supply List
JustRite Stampers: Wooden Mount, Curlz DIY Monogram Stamper Kit, Small Letter Set
Paper: Stampin’ Up! Pink Passion cardstock, Papertrey Ink Stamper’s Select white cardstock, K and Company owl patterned paper and stickers
Ink: Stampin’ Up! Pink Passion
Other stamps: Papertrey Ink Polka Dot Basics
Dies: Spellbinder’s



**Blog Candy Alert**
We don't want you to miss a single important announcement or sneak peek of new products starting on Monday, July 7th. Therefore, we have added a Subscription Box in the right column. Please sign up to have the JustRite Stampers Blog delivered right to your email box. Everyone that enters their email address for a Feed Subscription by Friday will be entered into our Blog Candy drawing and the winner will be announced Saturday, July 5th.

The Blog Candy prize will be all three Accessory Kits...Curlz, Damask and Special Occassions. Yep you read that right...one person will recieve all three kits! Hurry, enter your email address and tell your friends too!

6 comments:

Eveline said...

What a nice set.
TFS.
Eveline.

Anonymous said...

Very cute note cards. My children have always written their own thank you notes and now, at the ages of 23 and 27, they still send written thank yous. I think it's time I made a set of cards for each of them!

Jane

supermom said...

adorable, love this set! so whimsical and fun!

DeeDee said...

WOW Mish, these are sooooo ADORABLE!!!! She is just gonna flip when she sees this set....you are such a GREAT Mama!!!! I love that owl paper!!! CUTE!!!

Anonymous said...

Soo soo cute! The cards are adorable!

Kim's Life said...

Thank you! Just love the owl set! Love the colors, the the 3D part, Love it all! Also, would love the blog candy! I signed up for the subscription & the newsletter! Thanks for sharing the creativity!