Thursday, July 31, 2008

Monogram Etiquette Part 3

Welcome back for part 3 of Monogram Etiquette. Today we are going to talk about wedding monograms. It is not proper etiquette to use your married monogram before you are actually married. Save the date cards, shower invitations, thank you notes, etc should only contain your first initials in the monogram. The items posted here are representing the bride and groom after they were married.

After the ceremony, use your married monogram on anything you wish. The reception is a great place to proudly begin displaying your new monogram on napkins, programs, table runners, menus and favors.
In this example, I have created a favor with Susan and Micheal Connor's married monogram. As I explained yesterday, ladies first when it comes to a married couple's monogram. Susan on the left, Michael on the right and Connor in the middle. This box was embossed and filled with bird seed to toss as the bride and groom exit the church. This monogram was created using the Large Round Monogram Stamper and the Curlz Kit font.
This is a mini album that was created as a wedding favor. It is filled with pictures of the couple. This time the favor was monogrammed with a single large letter "C" from the Curlz Kit and the border is from the Damask 1 Letter Border Set.
Finally, the thank you notes are made to proudly display the single monogrammed letter "C" representing the couples last name. In this example, the monogram was created using the Small Monogram Stamper Kit with Damask Borders.

I think I have covered all the questions except the most popular question. "What do you use to punch out the circles?" Tomorrow I will give you a complete run down of how I punch my circles with Nestabilities dies, SU punches, Marvy punches and The Paper Studio punches. I am on the look out for the McGill punch but can't seem to find it.

If I haven't answered your burning questions please leave a comment and I'll add it to the Q and A session tomorrow.

Thanks for joining us as we build a community of education, creativity and inspiration touching on every special moment in your life. Keep us in mind....."When it needs to be JustRite".

3 comments:

Michele Kovack said...

As always....thanks for this info! Always wondered about that!

Vera Matson said...

I love your series on monogram etiquette!

I have a question. I love to make monogrammed note cards for gifts. When making gifts for acquaintances such as teachers, what is the most appropriate type of monogram to use? I often don't know the middle initial of the teachers, so should I make first or last initial gift cards? Thanks!

Keri Lee Sereika said...

Beautiful samples! Thanks for the info! :D