Monday, April 6, 2009

Day One with Becca Feeken- Wanderful Words of Inspiration

It's a JustRite 2009 Release Celebration!! That's right the 1st release from CHA is now shipping!! Simply visit our website and click on NEW to see all the great products that are shipping this week.

We have an exciting week planned for you at the JustRite blog!! First we have 5 Days of projects from Becca Feeken and on Tuesday we are having our first ever JustRite Design Team Blog Hop.
Today Becca has a fun project that recyles bubble wands!!


Wanderful Words of Inspiration

I’ve always been fascinated by the bubble wands you see in Michaels. I was tempted to buy them, but I never really knew what to do with them. Then I had this idea kicking around in my head to recycle them. After playing around with them I figured out that there’s room inside to accommodate a piece of paper rolled around the stem of the wand. I thought it was a great way to give someone lots of different messages – words of wisdom , inspirational thoughts, number wands to read everyday when counting down to a special event. So I made two sets of wands – and using the Harmony Rectangular Stamper set, found it was oh so easy to put my own verses of text on each of the papers – they are wonderful!

Here are the quick steps on how I created them –

I set up my text using the Rectangular Stamper and 25 pt Trompe Script upper and lower fonts as seen below. For my first wand I stamped this verse- "Let love rule your heart, logic rule your mind and faith rule your soul" on a small piece of paper sized 3 inches tall by 4 ½ inches wide.
The next step is to tape the stamped paper to the wand. I did this with 3” wide postal tape and cut it about 2” long. The tape is applied to the upper left corner of my stamped panel.

The tape will cover the stem of the wand but not the head. By taping this way, the wand cannot pull back through on its own. Don’t use too much tape though – it will extend into your stamping.

Then roll the wand down the length of paper, evenly and tightly. Optionally – after a full roll, you can place a piece of red sticky tape so that when the stamped panel is unfurled you can’t see the postal tape.

Insert the rolled stamped panel into the tube and decorate the top with ribbon!!

These square containers are some that I had in my studio and it was very convenient that they fit 16 of the tubes! Then decorate the top or the side as you will. In this case I used the new 2 3/8” stamper. I used a border from the 10 Designer Centers and Borders. I clipped mine so that it would fit on the stamper but be very careful. On some of the designs there gaps where you can snip and when returned to regular use, the cut cannot be seen – do this at your own risk.

I stamped the border, cut with Spellbinders Standard Circles Large and mounted it on a frame cut with Spellbinders Labels Three. Then I put the words “Wanderful Words” in proper case using Times New Roman Font – uppercase and lower case. This was cut with Spellbinders Standard Circles Large as well. The pink circle was cut with a round circle punch.

I can see more sets of these in my future!
Supply List:
JustRite Stamps:
Trompe Script Uppercase 25 pt Font, Trompe Script Lowercase 25 pt Font, Harmony Rectangular Stamper Set, 10 Designer Centers and Borders,Times New Roman Font 25 pt Lowercase, Times New Roman 25 pt Uppercase Font , 2 3/8” Wooden Stamper
Paper: Colorbox – doublesided, Bazzill
Ink: SU Pixie Pink, SU Lovely Lilac
Accessories: Bubble Wands, Acrylic Containers, Ribbon, Spellbinders Standard Circles Large, Spellbinders Labels Three, Circle Punch




Keep us in mind....."When it needs to be JustRite".

12 comments:

Diane said...

Wow, I am the first to comment! What a very clever idea....your mind must never rest as you are always creating the most wonderful things (or is tht wanderful)! I have to admit, when I read the title of the post, I thought..."Oh no, they have a typo"....until I read the entire post....a great project, can't wait to see tomorrow's!

Heather (OH, USA) said...

I just couldn't figure out what "Wanderful Words of Inspiration" could possibly mean. What an amazing, creative mind you have there Becca! :) I got a teaser from your site and just HAD to see what the full project was! I like, I like! See you tomorrow!

~~Diane~~ said...

What a wonderful idea.
Way to make someone feel sooo special. Looking forward to tomorrows!

Eveline said...

Looks great.
Eveline.

June Houck said...

So creative! And a WANDerful gift too :)

Elaine A said...

Wanderful as always Becca and very, very clever. What a great way to let someone know you are thinking of them.

Elaine Allen

Yvette said...

What a clever idea!!! Becca you are sooo creative! Thank you for inspiring each of us today... can't wait until tomorrow! :)

Steph Ackerman said...

What a great idea. Love it.

Cherokeemema said...

As usual its a keeper. You are so creative Becca!

Debbie Olson said...

Becca, how creative! These would make the most darling wedding favors too. You ROCK! I'm excited to see all you come up with this week!

Carolyn King said...

You are awesome, Roomie! Your mind must be churning out ideas 24-7! Hugs and cannot wait to see the rest of your creations!

Jen said...

WOW Becca! The places your creativity takes me... I would never think to go. I appreciate your talents so much and I thank you for sharing it with me/us.

WANDerful job! :)