Sunday, April 5, 2009

Welcome Guest Blogger Beeca Feeken

We are absolutely over the moon to announce that this weeks guest blogger is Becca Feeken!!

If you have never been to Becca's Blog - Amazing Paper Grace you will want to immediately add her to your favorites. Becca is known for her inspirational tutorials. She will make you look at some of your old time favorites tools for a second time and asking yourself why didn't I think of that. Often I find myself looking at her stunning cards scratching my head and wondering how did she do that. You will fall in love with Becca's blog as she is sure to inspire you everyday. And always willing to teach us how to recreate her beautiful cards. When you visit her blog be sure to visit her frequently ask question page conveniently located on it's own page it is has a wealth of information on it, including links to all her tutorials.

Here are picture's of just a few of our favorite JustRite Projects from her blog.


Aren't these so adorable. Just Perfect for any Baby Shower.




Next isn't this Wedding card Exquisite!!



And this beautiful flower - wouldn't these make sweet picture frames.






Becca tell us about your family.
I’m a SAHM of two girls and a boy, two in college and the baby is a senior in High School. I’ve been married to the sweetest craft enabler for 26 years – he’s retired, so life is pretty laid back.

How long have you been stamping?
I couldn’t remember how long ago it was until just recently I found the first stamp catalog a friend talked me into ordering; it was PSX. It was dated 1995 so that’s basically when I started “collecting”, I really started using my stamps about 3 years ago.

How long does it take you to design one of your beautiful cards?
I typically linger over the details, sometimes enough that it drives me crazy. Most cards take several hours – I move things around and experiment a lot. When I do a sketch (for some reason, rare these days) I can knock a card out pretty quickly.

Where you do you do your stamping?
I do all of my stamping in my studio which is located next door to our house – it was also my office when I worked from home. I’m into several other crafts, so it’s a place that I can leave “works in progress” out and I don’t have to be afraid to make a mess. It’s in major need of painting and purging and the upstairs has become a dumping ground – sigh – it’s on my to do list.

How many hours a week do you paper craft?
When am I not crafting? It’s constant, even when I’m shopping I’m looking at patterns, colors and for new items to incorporate or writing ideas into my sketchbook.

What is your must have stamping tool?
Whoa, how can a person say just one? I really “use” my tools – I love my stamp-a-majig, heat gun, and Distress Ink Blenders.

H0w long have you been blogging?
I have blogging for just over a year now, my blogaversary was in February. Prior to that if you had asked me what a blog was, I’d have tough time with the answer.

Who are your 3 favorite designers that inspire you?
I’m so inspired by Debbie Olsen, Amy Sheffer and Jerri Kay and I have a very long list that goes way beyond three, lol!!

Currently who is your favorite Paper Company?
I’m a certified K & Company addict. I have many, many others but I have more K & Co. in my stash that anything else – anyone who can read between the lines knows that sounds like there’s some hoarding going on.

What is your Favorite JustRite Product and why?
I love the Rectangular Stamper Set and the Fonts. I never seem to have the right sentiment stamp, so once I began stamping with these, I knew would always have options and flexibility.

Tell us besides JustRite, what are you currently addicted to??
I’m a remedial cutter meaning I can’t hand cut anything for the life of me…I’m seriously addicted to my Spellbinders.

Keep us in mind....."When it needs to be JustRite".


1 comment:

Jeanne said...

I am very excited that Becca is your guest blogger! I love everything she makes! I've bought certain spellbinder products because I just have to have them after I see her cards, they are amazing! Looking forward to seeing her ideas. Jeanne