Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Wedding Ensemble

Today is day two with Jen del Muro and she has created an elegant Wedding Ensemble for us. I love the simplicity of this ensemble and the ability to change the theme to coordinate with whatever event you are planning. Remember to click on any of the picture for a closer look at all the great details. Enjoy! The other day I briefly wrote about my creative process and how I wanted to create items that pertained to different aspects of life. The first idea that came to mind after personal stationary was a wedding ensemble using the Large Monogram Stamper and Special Occasions Alphabet. When it comes to weddings, monograms are very popular right now. As seen on the JustRite blog a couple of weeks ago, you can monogram just about anything at a wedding, including vases, flower arrangements and candles. For my ensemble, I chose to create an invitation/note card, a place card and a favor box.


To create this invitation/note card, I started out with a base that measured the standard 4.25”x5.5”. I then layered it with paper that I had stamped with scroll work stamps from Verve. The folding portion measures 10.5” x 2.75” and is scored at 3.5” and 7.5” I added the simple black monogram in the Special Occasions alphbet on top of a scalloped circle. Although I could have used the fancy Damask or Elegant borders which are perfect for weddings, I chose to stay with a clean crisp look to create a simple elegance. As you can see, I did not put any writing in the center of the card. That’s because I don’t want it to be seen as just an invitation. You can use it as a thank you note, or even take this design and add it to your personal stationary collection.


The place card was very simple to make, yet I think it would be a wonderful touch to any wedding. I took a piece of paper that measured 4” square and folded it in half. I topped it with the same monogram from the invite/note card. Again, I think the bold black font adds such a simple elegance that could dress up a table in an instant.


This was such an easy and fun favor to make. Again, the monogram stands front and center to incorporate the monogramming theme. The Swarovski crystals used on each of these pieces add an extra special touch. The base of the square of the main panel measures 2.75” square. The belly band that was created to wrap around the take out box is actually not just one strip of paper, but rather 2. The first strip measures 2” x 11” but, unfortunately, does not go all the way around. I scored this piece at 1.25”, 5 15/16” and 10 1/8”. Then I took another piece measuring 2” x 6” scored it at 3” and attached them together. They are attached under the main panel and on the bottom of the box, so that the band appears to be seamless .

I love how these turned out and I think that a tower of these would look absolutely incredible at a wedding. Of course these ideas are limited to a wedding. Any of these could be used at a variety of events, such as a baby shower, birthday party, anniversary party or family reunion.

See you tomorrow for another unique project using the JustRite Monogram Stamper.

Jen del Muro
JustRite Guest Blogger


Stamps: Large Round Monogram Stamper, Large Special Occasions Alphabet (JustRite Stampers); Filagree Fantasy (Verve)
Ink: Basic Black (Stampin’ Up!)
Paper: Basic Black, Whisper White (Stampin’ Up!); Spring Moss (Papertrey Ink)
Other: Crystals (Swarovski), Ribbon (Papertrey Ink), Scallop Circle Punch (Stampin’ Up!), 1.25” and 1.5” circle punches (EK Success), Swiss Dots Embossing Folder for Cuttlebug (Provo Craft)

5 comments:

Holly Young said...

Just beautiful! Love what you're doing with this Jen!

Holly
hogwildaboutstamping.blogspot.com

Eveline said...

Very elegant set. I'm going to see if I can buy these stamps in The Netherlands.
Eveline.

corinnesomerville said...

With my eldest daughter getting married next May I completely freak out over any and all wedding ideas !! These are fantastic !!!!

Christi Flores said...

I just got an order for wedding invitations and I think this would be perfect!! You are awesome Jen!!

Amy Sheffer said...

So classy and elegant. Wow!!